Last Sunday was a lazy one, so I found the simplest recipe imaginable and picked up a box of pie dough at Target. I narrowly escaped the pull of the pajama section, my big weakness at Target besides the magazine section. After peeling peaches, filling my pie and waiting patiently for it to bubble in the oven, I took a big, steaming slice and ate it hot. Hot is the only way to eat pie in my opinion. Whether you like it hot or cold, this is a quick and easy way to get pie in your face.
The Treats Truck Baking Book’s Peach Pie recipe)
1 box refrigerated roll-out pie crust
5 to 6 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (about 5 large peaches)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 tablespoons salted butter, cut in slices
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly grease a pie pan with some vegetable oil, butter or cooking spray.
3. Unroll one sheet of pie dough and place it in the bottom of the pie pan.
4. In a large bowl, toss the peaches with the lemon juice and sugars. Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract and flour, stirring gently to coat the peaches.
5. Pour the peaches into the piecrust. Distribute the slices of butter evenly on top of the pie filling.
6. Unroll the second sheet of pie dough and cover the pie with it, folding the edges behind the lip of the bottom sheet of dough. Make 2 or 3 slits in the top dough so that any steam will escape.
7. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
Hehe...I too am guilty of letting them wrinkle to death, oops! This pie is so beautiful! I love how tall and hearty it tooks. :DReplyDelete
You too?! Haha! I hesitate to tell you that I ate all but one slice of this pie. Simple and sweet!Delete